Saturday, January 28, 2012

Operation Fridge Weekly Update

So, the plan was to write every week about how things are going with my plan to lose some pounds and get myself that fridge.  Well, needless to say, life happened.  Which I'll write more about in my next post.  But here were my thoughts on summarizing my overall success two week ago:

Goals
  • Work Out Five Times a Week
  • 1200 Calories a Day
  • 500 Calorie Out-to-Eat Meals
Results 
Worked Out: Four Times
I made it a point to get out to the gym (no matter what the weather or parking situation is) this week and get er' done.  I even got up early on Sunday morning to catch my favorite Zumba class before the football games started so that I could indulge a bit while watching my Packers shoot themselves in the foot.  Thank goodness I did because I needed those hard ciders as it came to turn out.

Stayed Within 1200 Net Calories: 4/7 days
Quite honestly, this week was not great for me food-wise (as you will see more about below) and I need to do better this week at planning.  While I was with 40 calories two of the days that I missed my caloric goals, getting on track this week is more important than ever to ensure my success. 

Here's something that did NOT help me:
Yeah, that's a caramel filled center cupcake.
500 Calorie Out-to Eat Meals: Fail
Epic failure on all fronts.  Panera, fail.  Town Hall, fail.  Buffalo Wild Wings, fail.  Pittsburgh Blues, fail.  Rocky Rococco's (yes you heard that right), FAIL.  While at all of these places I tried to make good choices, I need to just say "no" to going out to eat and remember that I can have popcorn and a chickpea patty for dinner and be pretty darn happy...and will feel happy, healthy and guilt-free about it afterwards.

For example, Saturday night was pretty snowy and icky.  Adam was going to go to Pappa Murphy's and I had picked out one of their "DeLite" pizzas to still have something that I wanted but in moderation.  Well, he goes upstairs to grab a coupon and what does he run upon?  A coupon for Rocky Rococco's. 

Those of you that grew up in Wisconsin and moved to Minnesota can feel my pain on this one.  Until last week I didn't even really know that there was a Rocky Rococco's in the Twin Cites.  What was I going to say?  No?  Not a chance in h*ll.
If you're not from Wisconsin...you just can't understand it.

Things to Work 
Well, stuffing my face with Rocky Roccoco's certainly isn't helping my situation and I know that I have LOTS of things to work on in order to get this fridge.  So here's to sticking to my plans above and just saying "no" to going out to eat unless I have a plan around what is going to be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment