Sunday, June 10, 2012

What a Stellar Weekend!



I had such a fabulous weekend that I had to post about it!  Some of the things that made it so wonderful include:

The Minneapolis Farmer's Market - it's that time of year again!  After grabbing some of my favorites below, I sat for a summer salad cooking class hosted by the chef at Le Belle Vie featuring strawberries and then scoured the market to find some brussel sprout plants (successful mission), and ended it with nothing else, but a ear of hot buttered corn (yummmm). 
Almond Joy Smoother (or a latte when it's cold)
















And let us not forget the Tollefson's grilled to perfection hotdogs. 
The end of my raking days - Adam purchased a riding lawnmower and while I would love to put up some pictures of the beautiful John Deere deal that he hunted down on craigslist.com, I know that he would call me a dork.  So you will just have to imagine this beauty in your head ; ).

The Dilly Bar jackpot - After posting on Twitter a few weeks back inquiring as to which Twin Cities Dairy Queen's had store made dilly bars (think paper bags), I was super bummed when no one had suggestions or locations that served them.  Well I'm sad no longer, because today we found the holy grail! 

While ordering something today for lunch, I saw the girl behind the counter pull out a tray of circular little swirled top vanilla soft serve wonders.  OH YEAH!  The St. Louis Park/West End Dairy Queen location makes their own cherry, butterscotch and chocolate dilly bars!  No more of those plastic wrapped manufactured things for this chick!  Back to old school dilly bars this summer!

My friends got back from Europe - Everyone had fun but I was so happy to see them after being gone for almost a month!  I  picked them up at the airport and witnessed their hunger fueled and sleep deprived traveling coma and then cook them up some grub; couldn't think of a better Saturday night then to have them back in town!
My bratty little friends at the Colosseum in Rome! 
Turkey burger Sunday- I made a pretty smokin' Caprese style turkey burger on a whim that turned out pretty darn good so I'll have to share the recipe later this week.
Turkey Caprese burger

We also got some pool time at the neighborhood hangout AND Wallace figured out how to walk next to us without being on a leash!  Big weekend!

Lastly, you can see that I've been REALLY well behaved this weekend with the food guidelines....or not.  The good news is that it all evened out and being outside busting my buns all weekend with the dog, being out in the yard weeding and doing lawn stuff paid off. 

Since I'll be out of town this weekend the final weigh off is this Friday and I couldn't be more excited to finally earn myself this fridge.  Double doors here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment