Saturday, December 31, 2011

Characters at the Gym: NOT My Cup of Tea

They're at every gym.  You know, those people that you just have to ask "what are they thinking?".  I have actually have had enough run ins with these people that they have earned themselves names in my book.  Here it goes:


"Mr. Mom" - yeah you, I'm talking to you.  The guy in the mini-van that just cut me off in the parking lot trying to get a spot.  You're license plate might say "1HTMOM" but you're ice cold buddy.  By the way, this was true...right down to the license plate.


Mr. Mom burn out, find more of them here!
"The Refugee" - listen lady, I see you in here EVERY single time I'm in here.  Nights, mornings, weekends, middle of the day.  All I can figure out is that your mom drops you off here at 8 AM and then the pickup isn't until 7 PM or so.  And what are you doing!?  You don't even work out!  I saw you do .3 miles on the antelope machine and then .25 miles on the treadmill.  Don't think that people aren't noticing. You've been had.


"Dancing Queen" - you might be gay, you might be proud...but that doesn't mean that you have to dance like a j@ckass and take up three normal sized spots in an already crowded popular group fitness class.  I understand that you want to pirouette just like the rest of us....but that doesn't mean that you get three times more room Twinkletoes.
Yup, that's about right.  But my guy has black Zumba dance shoes...not kidding.
"Green and Mean" - the devil has a special spot next to him in h*ll for you buddy.  Thanks for being a REAL man and cutting me off on the way OUT of the parking lot.  But guess what, I get the last laugh because you're a 34 year old man driving a lime green Toyota Civic Hybrid.
High gas mileage, low self esteem.
While it's unfortunate, especially around the holiday season, I'm sure that these characters will continue to rear their faces.  


Do you like hearing about these characters?  Don't fret...I'm also sure that they have friends that I'll probably meet before the winter is over to talk about in another post since the gym is a place that I'm not going to hate this year.  It's something that I'm going to embrace and just remember to get there early instead of trying to fight the crazies at 5:30.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I don't have a name for the girl I'm going to reference, but this morning..I'm on the mat doing abs, stretching, etc. An older lady in tight pants (left nothing to the imagination) proceeds to stand right in front of me, bend over various times and stretch. I've never seen someone's underwear lines so up close besides my own. I had to get up and move, oh and refrain from b*tch are you kidding me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so SOOOOO many characters at the gym! Mine has them too - fast walker lady, tight clothes lady, and my favorite - the lady who drinks coffee while she walks on the treadmil. Jay was in the sauna one time with a guy who had a tramp-stamp. Like, full-on tribal tattoo across his lower back. True story.

    ReplyDelete